Ep 46. Introducing the Thriving Farmer Summit!
We’re doing something a little different this week! To celebrate our very first online conference, I’m sharing clips from some of the speakers to give you a preview of what you can expect from the Thriving Farmer Summit.
- What it means to be to thrive as a farmer with Joel Salatin
– Core financial principles for farm sustainability with Julia Shanks
– How Amanda Yeckel got started farming in Las Vegas
– Curtis Stone on the crop profitability and market saturation
– Carrie Chlebanowski
on dealing with climate volatility
– Focusing on the ‘human’ aspect of human resources with Brian Bates
– Nathan Cash on pitching new clients on Facebook and building their microgreen and edible flower business in Houston
– Erika Tebbens on selling and customer service at Farmers’ Market
– William Padilla-Brown on cultivating mushrooms easily and cheaply
– Charlotte Smith on what small farms are up against and their market advantage
Resources and mentions
Sign up for the Thriving Farmer Summit for free to watch the presentations. You also have the option of purchasing the summit if you’d like to have lifetime access to the talks.
And if you want to keep the conversation going, join us in our Facebook Group to connect with us and other farmers looking to grow their business!
We also have six free eguides to help you be more effective on your farm (Winter Growing, Pastured Poultry, Washing Shed Efficiency, Profitable Farmers Toolkit, what to look for in a farm property, etc), which you can download here.