How long do you think it takes to get a cow from grain fed to fully grass-fed?
On this episode of the Thriving Farmer Podcast, Michael is joined by Tim Joseph, the pioneering founder of Maple Hill Creamery, the largest 100% regenerative, grass-fed organic dairy farm in the U.S. After leaving his corporate job, Tim positioned Maple Hill at the forefront of the dairy industry, championing grass-fed organic dairy and regenerative farming practices.
Tune in to hear all about Tim and Maple Hill’s dairy farming journey.
- How Tim got started in farming 1:26
- Where all the milk went after the first 60 cows 5:12
- About the decision on whether they needed a second farm 16:37
- What allowed Maple Hill to scale so smoothly 20:43
- More about when Tim knew he needed an experienced management team 26:12
- Why don’t they make chocolate milk anymore (everybody loves it, nobody buys it!) 39:11
- What Tim’s advice is for someone considering getting into dairy farming 40:49
About the Guest:
In a world dominated by corporate conventional farming, Tim Joseph, founder of Maple Hill Creamery, chose a different path. He made the decision to leave his corporate job and embark on a journey of owning a farm and raising his four young boys. That same year, Maple Hill Creamery’s mission, focusing on “better for the cows, consumers, land, and farmers,” began to resonate with a wider audience across the U.S., with this vision going beyond profit margins, seeing dairy farming as a lifestyle to him and hundreds of family farms they work with.
The Thriving Farmer Podcast Team would like to thank our amazing sponsor!
Unlock the potential of elderberry farming with Growing Farmers! Elderberries, thriving even on marginal land, offer a lucrative opportunity for entrepreneurs. Not just the berries, but also sticks, flowers, and leaves are in demand, diversifying income streams.
With initial investments as low as $12.75 for cuttings, the path to a profitable agribusiness is within reach. This resilient crop can be your gateway to tapping into a growing market for health-conscious consumers.